Wednesday 3 April 2013

New TV documentary to feature Cher’s family history


PanARMENIAN.Net - Cher and her mother, Georgia Holt, will co-star in a new television documentary entitled Dear Mom, Love Cher, about the singer’s family history.
The 66-year-old singer and her mum, Georgia Holt, have agreed to interviews with America’s Lifetime network that will shed light on their unique relationship. Dear Mom, Love Cher will also focus on the diva’s family history, Belfast Telegraph reported citing Entertainment Weekly.
According to the publication, the hour-long documentary will feature interviews with Cher’s half-sister, actress Georganne LaPiere Bartylak, and Cher's sons, Chaz Bono and Elijah Blue Allman.
The project will touch on Georgia’s upbringing in rural Arkansas and how she helped her daughter to kickstart her legendary career during a “tumultuous” time of her own. The matriarch married six times and was also a struggling actress, singer and entertainer.
As well as spilling personal details the television movie will feature a “never-before-heard duet” with the mother and daughter and recordings Cher had re-mastered for her mother from early in her career.
Cher spoke to Entertainment Weekly about how the project came to fruition.
“This project started as a gift for my mom’s 86th birthday. Like most things in my family, it was initiated by my sister Georganne, who asked me if I could update mom’s album. So I went big… I’m known in the family for doing that,” she explained.
Cher also heaped praise on her mother. She said she couldn’t have been more fortunate to have such a supportive and resilient role model. “My sister and I are proud of our mum and we want to share her with the world,” she said, musing, “My mum is exactly like Rocky. She never gives up!”
The documentary is scheduled to premiere on May 6.

No comments: