Dear ANC Toronto Supporter,
Happy Family Day!
As you take time from your busy schedules to spend with family and friends, we ask you to also remember your extended family, the Armenian National Committee of Toronto, which is currently knee-deep in the Harout Manougian Campaign. Harout is running as a candidate in the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) Trustee By-Election in Ward 17 – Don Valley East. The by-election will be held next Monday, February 27, 2012.
This campaign is incredibly important for our community for several reasons:
- Harout has been a dedicated supporter of our Cause and has volunteered extensively in our community.
- We need to protect the TDSB’s course on the Armenian Genocide.
- Our community needs a young, progressive and active voice at TDSB to take a proactive approach on bullying and increase the community use of schools.
- Harout’s success on Monday will serve to only increase the political and organizational strength and importance the Armenian Community.
The results of advance polls are incredibly encouraging, but we can’t stop here. We need your help in three ways for the final push to ensure victory on Monday.
- Vote for Harout! If you live in Don Valley East make sure you vote for Harout on Monday, February 27. If you do not live in ward, please tell all your friends and family who do to do so. Here is the map of the ward www.tdsb.on.ca/about_us/street_guide/maps/ward%2017%20facilities.pdf
- Volunteer this week for the campaign. We need your help in continuing to canvass the ward, especially to ensure we get our supporters out to the polls on Election Day. Please contact Araz to co-ordinate your volunteer efforts at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Make a financial contribution. Political campaigns are expensive and we are running a first class campaign! If you can make a modest contribution, please contact Vahan at email@example.com.
Once again, happy Family Day from the ANCT. For more information on Harout’s campaign visit www.haroutmanougian.ca.
Look forward to seeing you on the campaign trail!
Chair, Armenian National Committee of Toronto