Thursday 11 July 2013

Keghart.com Update 6/14 July 11, 2013‏ Nayiri Abrahamian 10:43 Photos

Did you know?

Right from the start, Saroyan cut a wide swath up and down Broadway. Recalling those early days of Saroyan, Publisher Bennett Cerf wrote: “One night I introduced him [Saroyan] to two sisters—very pretty and alert girls they were… Bill was staying at the Great Northern Hotel, where I had gotten him a room. After we all got home, Margaret [one of the girls] called me up, highly amused. She said, ‘Your friend William Saroyan just called me up and demanded that I come down and spend the night with him, and I said, ‘Mr. Saroyan, I’m not that kind of girls. I’m a respectable girl.’ Then he said, ‘What difference does that make. Don’t tell me you’re going to turn down an invitation to spend a night with William Saroyan!’ Margaret concluded, ‘I couldn’t get angry at him. He was so ridiculous. When I told him I wouldn’t dream of coming down, he said, ‘You wouldn’t? Then what is your sister doing!’ Typical Saroyan.”  Read More... 

The Poll is located on the home-page in the right column:


Do you see any benefit to the Armenian Cause ("Hye Tad") in the rise of Turkish progressive movements such as the Taksim Gezi Park demonstrations?


Op-Ed, Articles, Essays:

  • First time visitors please click on Mission on the horizontal bar at the top.
  • To remove your address from the mailing list please click www.keghart.com/keghartlist .
  • You may obtain “Five Years of Keghart.com” PDF copy by clicking the “Download” sign at the left upper corner of the home page.
Thank You


No comments: