Wednesday 25 February 2015

Lucy Balian‎I am a descendant of a survivor of the Armenian Genocide! Yesterday at 00:24 ·



Missionaries Who Helped Armenians During The Genocide - Alma Johansson - “I will never forget this sight. And there was nothing I could do for them!” Alma...
HORIZONWEEKLY.CA
Like ·  · 
  • 62 people like this.
  • Linda Karagozian Chechopoulos My dad's mom, my paternal grandmother talked very lovingly of the missionaries who came to their village in the early 1900's. She remembered their names and would show us first grade level English reading books they had given her and she would read them to us in very halting English. I think their names were the Potters.
  • Gina-Marie Cheeseman There's a book by a missionary who was in Marsavan during the genocide.I haven't read it yet but found some excerpts online and my sister received it for Christmas. It's called "Marsavan 1915: The Diaries of Bertha Morley" by Bertha Morley, published by the AGBU. I thumbed through the index of my sister's copy and found possible family members listed. I'm sure that book will make me bawl.
  • Robert Nigoghossian I love these Noble Angels!

No comments: