Friday 12 December 2008

Saroyan - Video - Created By K. Kassabian

WILLIAM SAROYAN

By K. Kassabian




  • OOoohhhh how moving...until I got to the part that said, 'You son's of bitches'...I could not help but think of those bitches who might be women who were raped and gave birth to children, now old women and their children with grandchildren of their own. They are carrying our Armenian blood in their veins, and how much they will be offended.
  • Females should not be denigrated, especially ones with child no matter what Nationality, to my mind! Why denigrate the Woman form and not those who carried out the killings, they were not women, not of women's doings but of THE YOUNG TURKISH GOVERNMENT! RATHER, 'THE DOGS' of the Day!
  • More to the point...IT WAS NOT [The women's] FAULT! Until then, I was crying!
  • I also thought how grippingly true and how he had captured the characteristics of our Armenian race!


  • Above all, I feel it would sound far more poignant in our mother tongue! [ARMENIAN]. I am grateful of the translation.
  • How I wish I could read it or recite it one day!

Seta.

No comments: