Tuesday 13 January 2015

Samer Hussein shared Hagop Vanesian's photo to the group: I am a descendant of a survivor of the Armenian Genocide!



4 hrs · 
"You know, some photographers have come and taken photos, stayed one week, two weeks... They photographed the camps, photographed the war from the other side. Maybe they got more powerful photographs than me. But what I got, I got the stories of the people. Because I lived there, I suffered like them. As they were living, I was living. Without water, without electricity."
-as told to me by Syrian photographer Hagop Vanesian, from Aleppo, on his photo-documenting life in beautiful Aleppo. Vanesian's stunning photo exhibition is on display at the UN headquarters.
You are invited to the Opening of my Photography exhibition at 
United Nations Headquarters, New York "MY...

No comments: