Sunday 8 July 2007

Ethnic Armenian sir Ara Darzi appointed Minister

PanARMENIAN.Net
Ethnic Armenian sir Ara Darzi appointed Minister of
Healthcare of Great Britain

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The Prime Minister of Great Britain
has appointed practicing surgeon Ara Darzi (Terzian)
as Minister of Healthcare. Ara Darzi was born in Iraq
in a family with Armenian descent, which escaped the
Genocide of 1915. But the greater part of his life he
has spent in Ireland, independent French journalist
Jean Eckian told the PanARMENIAN.Net. His father, the
son of a Genocide survivor Vartkes Darzi settled in
Dublin, in a city which did not even have an Armenian
community. He has raised his son as an Armenian.

Ara Darzi himself remains greatly interested in
Armenian issues. In a recent interview, Dr. Darzi said
he must add his knowledge about Armenia. `I would love
to visit and do something constructive in Armenia. I
have not had the chance until now, but I hope to get
more involved in the coming years. I want to go to my
roots. I have served in many countries around the
world. Why not also Armenia? I would like to volunteer
and even take some essential equipment to Armenia to
train other doctors there. All I need is the right
opportunity,' he said.

No comments: