Saturday 27 December 2014

Jan Alexanian shared Art of Armenia's album to the group: I am a descendant of a survivor of the Armenian Genocide!



5 hrs · 
Arshile Gorky - The Father of Abstract Expressionism
I remember getting into an argument with an Art History Prof back in the stone age (pre-Internet) when I claimed that Arshile Gorky was Armenian. I was told to shut up - he was Russian! I needed at least a B but after I got my mark I took documented proof and dumped it on the Prof's desk in front of him and told him he needed to do his own research...or at least do it better/deeper before claiming somebody was a nationality they weren't! The Prof wanted to know how I knew. I said I grew up knowing. Armenians keep track of their own. LOL Thankfully I never had to have that Prof for any more classes that were modern art. Think he might have been in for more surprises.  
Arshile Gorky - The Father of Abstract Expressionism 
Abstraction allows man to see with his mind what he cannot physically see with his eyes... Abstract art en...

No comments: