Tuesday 11 December 2012

Russian President is Armenian...

Dmitry Medvedev: I'm Not Jewish, I'm Armenian

NRO:

That's Funny, He Doesn't Look Armenian[John Derbyshire]

Russian president Dmitry Medvedev is Armenian. Who knew?

The following is translated from a Dutch source. I reproduce it as I got it.

A Russian journalist to RIA Novosti asked Russian President Dmitry Medvedev if he has Jewish ancestry?

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev replied that the rumors about his Jewish ancestry are inaccurate. He added that his ancestors are from Adana (Western Armenia in Turkey now) but he was born in Russia. He added in "I want everyone to be clear that I am Armenian, surname of my mother was Naxshikyan what the word Naxshik comes oudarmeens. The surname of my father was Bagratyan. This name is also purely Armenian. I was forced to change name to be head of Russian secret service (KGB) in France to work the cold war times. Since France had large Armenian community should not Arms Irish secret service agent working in France. That I have an Armenian surname changed to Russian. I am 100% Armenian." Finally the Russian President says he is proud of his Armenian parents and ancestors. [link]

__._,_.___

No comments: