Monday 26 August 2013

Writer Keith Garebian & Prof. Alan Whitehorn‏

Writer Keith Garebian & Prof. Alan Whitehorn‏ Nayiri Abrahamian 06:03 Photos To: Nayiri Abrahamian My Passage to Ararat By Keith Garebian, Toronto, 12 August 2013 I had long wondered if I would ever have an opportunity to discover even a small part of Armenia for myself. Although I am half Armenian (my father was born in Dikranagerd in 1909), I knew little about Armenia, having actively resisted it as a teenager because of an ongoing resentment against my father, a victim of the Genocide of 1915 that had scarred him ineradicably, and that had led precipitously to our chronically problematic relationship. He had been barely five-and-a-half-years-old when his world collapsed, a time he could have justifiably called the Fall of Man, when he became helplessly entangled in a Laocoon of Turkish atrocity, and that he barely survived, along with a slightly older sister but no other known family member—although I have heard rumours or hints of relatives in Basra, Iraq. Of course, he could not recognize my boyhood needs, and there was no bonding between us, except in times of pain and mourning. ....Read more >> Alan Whitehorn Interviewed by "Aysor" Click to View the video


Please copy and paste to your browser... thank you

http://youtu.be/fN7sT8Lj4go

No comments: