Tuesday 1 July 2014

A courageous woman! - ZEYNEP TOZDUMAN


 Below is a public statement from the Chairperson ofIzmir Council of Piece Zeynep Tozduman



--
 I hope someone has  to make a poster out of  this.
FROM
ZEYNEP TOZDUMAN - IZMIR,TURKEY
April 24, 2013
 MY APOLOGY
FROM ALL THE PEOPLES OF ANATOLIASUBJECTED TO GENOCIDE.
I apologize for every single day that we have remained silent since the days of genocide.
I apologize for our grandfathers who
cooperated with the murderers carrying out the brutal massacre of 1.5 million people in Anatolia.
I apologize from your young girls for
permanently burying their hopes into their dowry chests.
I apologize from all your people left dead without a proper burial, shroud or cemeteries.
I apologize for causing you to add the word'converted - Donme' to your vocabulary.
I apologize from all your girls and women abused and raped, forcefully converted to Kurd, Turk, Alevi or Islam.
I apologize for forcing you to become the Diaspora and scatter like pomegranate seeds to all corners of the world.
I apologize for forcing you to long for your homeland with broken hearts from the faraway deportation points.
I apologize for preventing you from giving your children proper names and education in your mother tongue, a basic human right.
I apologize for confiscating your houses,properties, lands, farms, orchards, and shops to create our national economy, based on a
disease of racism in this country.
I apologize for denying even the very existence of the original peoples of these lands after subjecting them to economic, cultural and political genocide.
I apologize for confiscating your places ofworship (monastery, church, synagogue, Jemhouse, etc.) and converting them to mosques,
museums, community centres or stables.
I apologize from the survivors of the
genocide for even forbidding them fromdreaming in their own language.
I apologize for forcing racism on you by making you repeat every morning 'So happy to be a Turk'.
I apologize for presenting your properties as gifts to your own murderers.
I apologize for transforming the Anatoliangarden of different peoples to a cemetery of different peoples.
I apologize for realizing too late that the sorrow expressed in the song 'Sari Gelin' was in reality the sorrow of the genocide.
I apologize for wiping out the various original peoples of Anatolia, living on these lands long before the arrival of the Turks, and for trying
to create a single nation state.
I apologize for creating a hell of murders in this country, instead of a heaven of humanity.
I apologize for burying all the  named Agop, Kiriakos, Samuel, Ani, Maria or Sarkis in my city Smyrna as well as the rest of thecountry, burying our humanity in the process.
I apologize for committing crimes against humanity for one thousand and four hundred years in these lands.
I apologize for not realizing that fascismwould eventually arrive and start killing us as well in these lands.
I apologize for not being able to put a stop to the denial and assimilation policies for one hundred years.
I apologize especially for our inhumane behaviour during the genocides of theArmenians, Assyrians, Pontic Greeks, Yezidis
and Alevis.
And I apologize once again on this April 24genocide commemoration day, for our inability to protect you and preserve our humanity.
__._,_.___
Reply via web postReply to senderReply to groupStart a New TopicMessages in this topic (1)
Listeden ayrilmak icin: VANKLIST-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Adres degisikligi icin:
I) Iptal etmek istediginiz e-mail adresinizden VANKLIST-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com adresine,
II) Yeni e-mail adresinizden VANKLIST-subscribe@yahoogroups.com adresine bos e-mail gonderiniz.

Liste yoneticisine ulasmak icin:
VANKLIST-owner@yahoogroups.com adresine e-mail gonderebilirsiniz.

Bir tanidiginizi Vanklist Grubuna ekletmek icin:
Yeni uye olacak kisi VANKLIST-subscribe@yahoogroups.comadresine e-mail gondermeli, otomatik olarak gelecek cevap e-mailinde belirtilen islemleri yapmalidir.
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use
.
 
__,_._,___




No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4355 / Virus Database: 3882/7343 - Release Date: 04/14/14

No comments: